Cooking healthy can indeed be a pain point for many of us. We live in a fast-paced society and with the demands of every day life, most of us don’t have 2-3 hours to prepare a good meal (or rather, cooking 6-7 good meals each day!).
I want to share a quick and easy meal that meets the guidelines for being healthy and building lean muscle. My chicken pasta with asparagus. This is a low fat meal that’s high in protein.
Chicken Pasta with Asparagus Recipe
My chicken pasta with asparagus recipe is simple, quick and easy. I’ll list the ingredients and details below.
- Lean chicken cutlets
- Rotini twist pasta
- Alfredo sauce
- Bring water to a boil and throw in the rotini twist pasta
- Set timer for 10 minutes once water starts to boil
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces
- Drop a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and heat to medium
- Place the chicken cutlets in the pan and turn every 2-3 minutes for about 8-10 minutes
- Cut a few pieces in half to make sure it’s thoroughly cooked
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting into thirds
- Bring another pot of water to a boil
- Place asparagus in the pot and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Once pasta is finished, strain the water out, put back into the pot and pour in the jar of Alfredo sauce (I prefer Bertolli)
- Once chicken and asparagus is done, mixed those in with the rotini pasta and Alfredo sauce
- Stir to blend the ingredients
- Optional: cover and let it sit on low heat for 10 minutes
My chicken pasta with asparagus recipe takes about 15 minutes, collectively. You have the ability to cook most everything at the same time. And the only real preparation is cutting the chicken and asparagus. That’s not long for a tasty low fat muscle building meal.
If you’re not a fan of asparagus, no worries. Blending everything together hides the taste and you won’t even notice. And feel free to substitute the ingredients. For example, you may want to go with a wheat pasta version of the rotini twist pasta. And you may find an organic Alfredo sauce. Whichever suites your needs.
Train (and eat) with Passion,