Today is Low Carb Monday for me! And I’m going to share my full low carb meal plan for today.
You’re probably wondering why I’m doing a low carb day. As most of you know, I don’t stick to a super strict diet. I don’t compete so there’s no reason for me to suffer (I seriously love food). However, I do wish to maintain my health. That said, I usually splurge a little on the weekends so Monday is a good day to reset my body.
My Low Carb Monday Meal Plan
Here’s my meal plan and schedule below. There’s a lot of proteins and fats with minimal carbs in my Low Carb Monday diet. I’m not counting calories or weighing my meals. I’m including my pre and post workout supplements as well.
Pre Workout – 4:30 AM
- Scivation XTEND BCAAs (one serving before and one during my workout)
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre Workout (I use 2 servings)
Meal 1 (Post Workout) – 6:45 AM
- Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein (2 scoops – can’t go wrong with chocolate or vanilla)
- Natural peanut butter (1 tablespoon)
- Raw local honey (1 teaspoon)
Meal 2 – 7:45 AM
- 2 Whole eggs
- 2 Jimmy Dean sausage patties
Meal 3 – 11:30 AM
- Hamburger patty (about 1/2 pound)
- Deer sausage
Meal 4 – 3:30 PM
- Dymatize Elite Whey protein (2 scoops)
- Natural peanut putter (1 tablespoon)
Meal 5 – 6:30 PM
- 2 Whole eggs
- Ground sausage
Meal 6 – 9:30 PM
- Dymatize Elite Whey protein (1.5 scoops)
- Natural peanut butter (1 teaspoon)
Additional supplements for low carb days:
- Fish Oil (2x a day, morning and night – this is everyday for me)
- Fat burner like Instant Knockout
- This helps keeps energy levels up and prevents cravings; the link above goes to my Instant Knockout review page
- A good multi-vitamin or training pack; I use Animal Pak
- I prefer a training pack like this over a regular multi-vitamin as training packs provide other key nutrients, such as anti-oxidents, amino acids, etc.
Low Carb Monday Drinks
I’m drinking lemon water throughout the day and with meals. I cut up half of a lemon and squeeze into my fruit infused water bottle. This is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made!
Something like this works perfect:
Oh, and I have a couple of cups of coffee throughout the day as well. There’s no specific reason. I sit most of the day so getting up for a cup of coffee gives me an excuse to get away from my desk. And I love coffee.
Is this a Keto Diet?
I’ve thought about this. I wouldn’t say my Monday Low Carb meal plan is a true Keto Diet. I would need to increase the fat and lower the protein. Although if you stuck with this meal plan for a few days with a few adjustments, your body would more than likely reach the point of ketosis.
I’ve actually never tried the Keto diet and somewhat hesitant to. Not only do I love carbs, I perform and feel better when I have carbs. My perfect high octane meal is a steak with a sweet potato! But I’m open to cycling a Keto style diet (ex: Keto during the week, carbs on weekends, and maybe a high carb meal in the middle of the week).
Be sure to check my Facebook tomorrow as I’ll post how I feel after my Low Carb Monday! Depending on how this goes, I may do this every Monday and may ultimately integrate more low carb days during the week.
Train with Passion,