What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of bodybuilding meals and recipes? Let me guess…bland, boring, and tasteless food!
That’s why most bodybuilders and fitness buffs have a hard time sticking to this type of meal plan. Unseasoned chicken breast with broccoli and rice six times a day? No thanks, I’ll pass!
Fortunately, there’s a better way to gain muscle and get ripped! And I’m going to share that with you and give you some meal planning tips in my Anabolic Cooking review!
What Is Anabolic Cooking?
Anabolic Cooking is over 200 muscle-building recipes for bodybuilders, athletes, and fitness competitors. Every meal in this program is designed to help you pack on more muscle the non-traditional way – with good tasting foods.
Dave Ruel, creator of Anabolic Cooking, shows you how to prepare awesome meals that you’ll actually look forward to eating. And that’s the problem with the typical bodybuilding diet. It’s just not sustainable.
The recipes in Anabolic Cooking are:
- Perfect for bodybuilders, whether your goal is to gain mass or get cut
- Easy-to-follow and written out step-by-step
- Designed to have minimal meal prep and cooking time (who has time to be in the kitchen all day?)
- Freaking tastes good! There’s even some bodybuilding-friendly dessert recipes!
Who is Dave Ruel?
Dave is known as The Muscle Cook and holds several certifications in nutrition, including CFT and NWS.
He’s the fitness industry’s most renowned chef who has helped thousands of bodybuilders and physique competitors get in top shape.
**I personally look for reputable credentials before spending time and money on any product.
How Anabolic Cooking Simplifies Your Bodybuilding Diet
The myth that you and I have been taught is that you either have to focus on building muscle mass or burning fat. You can’t do both simultaneously.
We’ve been taught ‘bulking vs cutting diets.’
But here’s the problem with that:
- Bulking: We typically overeat, and eat too much of the wrong types of foods to gain more size, which causes fat gain
- Cutting: We tend to undereat, not giving our body enough nutrients to maintain muscle mass or a healthy metabolism. And this can have an adverse effect.
In reality, our goal should be to build muscle and burn fat, simultaneously. And the only way we can effectively do that is through the foods we eat.
This is where Anabolic Cooking stands out from the typical bodybuilding diet plan.
Anabolic Cooking provides…
- Simple, balanced meals for bodybuilding – no trendy crap!
- Recipes with the proper ratio of macronutrients for muscle gains
- Foods and portions that target faster recovery, leading to more lean muscle mass and growth
- Meals designed to regulate metabolism and boost energy levels using the right types of carbs and fats
Anabolic Cooking Review: My Personal Experience
Alright, now I’m going to give you my Anabolic Cooking review based on my personal experience. It’s important to note that I published this review several weeks after I purchase Anabolic Cooking.
But I’m not just going to give you the benefits of Anabolic Cooking. I’m also going to share my criticism and some things I would change about the program.
My goal with this review is to help you make an educated decision to see if Anabolic Cooking is right for you.
What I Like About Anabolic Cooking
- The recipes really are pretty easy to make and instructions are very clear
- Anabolic Cooking suggests organic and all natural foods – this makes you more aware of what you’re buying at the grocery store
- Delicious meals? Well, to be completely truthful, not all of them are amazing, but I do like the majority of the recipes
- For the most part, the ingredients aren’t that expensive and you may find that you save money at the grocery store
- Saves a TON OF TIME in the kitchen
- Although this is a bodybuilding recipe guide, it’s also a mini-nutrition course! I learned quite a bit that I didn’t know!
My Favorite Anabolic Cooking Recipes
- Protein pancakes – those who know me well know I love pancakes!
- High protein fudge bars – convenient for in between meals and snacks
- The Muscle Cook’s Chili – one of the easiest bodybuilding recipes to make!
- Baked sweet potato fries – you’ll never eat regular french fries after you have these!
What I Would Change
- The recipes could be organized within the book a little better
- Even though this is based on recipes, I’d like to see a more elaborate meal planning guide **Anabolic Cooking does provide a monthly subscription that takes you deeper into meal planning
Putting my critic hat on, I don’t really have any negative feedback for Anabolic Cooking. But there’s always room for improvement.
Also, Anabolic Cooking does update their book from time to time, so this is helpful! And there’s no additional charge for the updates. I guess I should’ve put this in the ‘what I like’ section!
Bodybuilding Recipes that Taste Good
I don’t recall where I heard this, but a so-called nutrition expert once said:
“If it tastes good, spit it out!”
I get it. You really have to wrap your head around eating food for purpose, which is for energy and recovery. You need energy for your workouts, and you need recovery for muscle growth.
And yeah, donuts taste great, but they’re not conducive to your physique as a bodybuilder or fitness buff.
But this doesn’t mean that bodybuilding meals and recipes have to suck!
Protein Pancakes and Muffins?
Furthermore, I was surprised at the some of the recipes in Anabolic Cooking. Especially foods like protein pancakes and muffins.
Before, I would’ve thought these foods would be out of the question for a bodybuilding diet. As I dove deeper into Anabolic Cooking, I started to realize two things…
- The ingredients suggested are all organic and natural
- The macronutrients were balanced to boost energy levels
Think about it – when you eat regular desserts, you usually feel sluggish about an hour later (after the quick sugar high). Anabolic Cooking has dessert recipes that exclude the junk, and still taste awesome.
Where To Buy Anabolic Cooking
You can buy Anabolic Cooking direct from Dave Ruel by clicking the button below (this will take you to his website, AnabolicCooking.com).
It’s best to buy direct as you’ll get some extras (I’ll cover those below). And you’ll also get an extended discount to Dave’s nutrition program if you decide you want to get more serious about your bodybuilding diet.
What You Get with Anabolic Cooking
- Over 200 bodybuilding recipes that you can make work for both mass and cutting phases
- Recipes that help men boost testosterone
- Easy meal prep instructions and clearly written steps
- Meals that will give you more energy throughout the day, and boost your workouts
- Awesome post-workout meals that will boost recovery and muscle growth
- Bodybuilding dessert recipes that are actually good for you
- FREE supplement guide (this additional book will save you a boatload of money on supplements)
- FREE updates for life whenever Dave makes enhancements to the book
The bottom line is that Anabolic Cooking is the perfect meal planning source and recipe book for bodybuilders, in my opinion.
It takes the guesswork out of building your diet. And having this book handy has really helped me stay on track.
And after you buy Anabolic Cooking, make sure you take advantage of Dave’s extended offer if you’re ready to take things to the next level!
Train with Passion,